Saturday, February 23, 2008

...Bowling with the Stars


Have you ever bowled in the depths of space?... Me neither, but Cosmic Bowling on a Friday night at Time Square on Grand Pkwy is about as close as I think I'll ever get.  Allison wasn't feeling well this weekend and retired early on Friday night.  There was only one thing to do... get together a brodeo.  After many calls I had come to terms with the fact that many of my friends work early Sat. morning now which made the entourage a little thin (me and A buddy).  With only two of us we decided going to see "Be Kind, Rewind" at the Alamo Drafthouse was probably the better choice over bowling... so naturally we chose the 3 hour special from 11 to 2 AM that we like to call "Cosmic Bowling".  I gotta say, it was kinda weird at first having just two of us (who both suck at bowling), but after finding our lane among the crowd of mostly Seniors in HS it was a quick paced string of games and a bunch of fun!  I have to say, if you haven't been bowling... than hurling a glowing ball down a long wooden lane towards a huddle of short objects (shaped like everyone's favorite uncle) while drinking cheap beer from a pitcher (yes, I temporarily ignored my calling to higher standards in beer) must sound pretty stupid.  Well it is... yet so awesome!  The best part of the night for me was the end of our second game where on the 10th frame I bowled a turkey (my first and last of the night).  anyways, all that to say... If you haven't hurled a ball down a lane in a smoke filled environment in a while, dust of your bag and call the Flinstone's because it's good for the soul.  As they say, "the Dude abides..."
If you don't understand this last statement, please just go watch "The Big Lebowski"

JW 

1 comment:

Tabaitha said...

It's been awhile since you posted. Hope you guys are doing well. Miss you in blog land.