Friday, February 8, 2008

I simply couldn't wait. I had to begin expressing myself via the world wide web. This is a huge step, considering my mass paranoia. I became inspired by http://www.katymom.com/, and that led me to the Smith family blog, and more. Since I moved back to Houston, I am having to go through a few transitions. Hopefully, I will remember to update our blog to share my adventures with you. John is suppose to be simultaneously posting as well, so look forward to his whit and charm.

As for now, I am joyfully experiencing my time working for The Crossings. Matt introduced my position to the church as 'a blessing', but having this opportunity has blessed my life in more ways than you know. I spend a lot of time in a comfortable, red bucket chair at Dunn Bros Coffee in Katy, where the barista has learned I would rather order a strawberry-mango smoothie than a latte. I have the pleasure of running into a new friend, Kyle, and his sweet son, Noah. My duties consist of networking in the community at Chamber meetings, delivering bagels to local schools to show our appreciation for the staff, adding my personal design touches to the worship venue, and assisting in small design tasks for publications. One of the most recent accomplishments is our NEW website that launched today --
check it out! Basically, it's a jack-of-all-trades position, and I couldn't be happier. John and I are constantly praying for this season of our lives. We relish the time we have on Monday nights at the Nelson's with new & old hearts to fellowship with.

Updates on the wedding plans are slim and far between. We have put a few details on hold, so that we can focus on the big things (i.e. Where to live & how to save). We have booked our exciting honeymoon destination - Riviera Maya, Mexico, here we come! Our dance lessons start a week from today, and I am expecting it to be very thrilling. Our Save the Dates should be finished in a week or so, thanks to Matt Powell for taking John and I's pictures last minute. Stay tuned for exciting updates.

Thanks for stopping by. I am new to blogging... so bear with me! Be blessed.
peace.love.joy.

-aj

No comments: