Saturday, February 9, 2008

a little r & r

The lovely ladies of The Crossings had a delicious meal at Cottage Charm Tea House this afternoon. I highly recommend the Petite Appetite (even though we all know I do NOT have a petite appetite) - half a chicken salad sandwich and a tiny cup of chicken tortilla soup. yum! I am loving every opportunity to get to know these amazing women more & I am so grateful we had such a nice turn-out. 

Afterwards, John and I took advantage of the beautiful sunshine for a stroll around La Centerra. We made an unfortunate decision to go into Kirklands. I must say, the stench is an overwhelming combo of lavender, pumpkin spice, and vanilla. You must be thinking, what on earth do those three fragrances create? ... let's just say - disgust. We left quickly. 

Then, I received the greatest invitation to accompany the McCollough household to dinner. I just can't get enough Nicole, Michelle, Matt Pee-paw, Momma D, and Mr. Mc-C.  They are the most joyful family with HUGE hearts and I loved being a part of pizza night + the office + mini guitar hero stints. Can't wait for dinner with jane jones and nicole on wednesday! 

That's all for now. Just wanted to update you on my lovely Saturday in k-town. Miss all my Lubbockites, and think about you daily. Hope all is well - keep me posted. 
peace.love.joy
aj.