Thursday, May 28, 2009

Read a recent post from MckMama & it really hit home for me.

I have been fervently praying for God to give me a new job.

I want to teach art, and I am taking an Alternative Teaching Certification program in about three weeks. I have to pass a Content Exam at the end of June to prove I know my shapes, colors, techniques, art history, etc... Unfortunately, school districts can't hire you until you've passed the exam & received a "highly qualified" letter from your certification program. By the time that can happen, we are creeping into the beginning of July and most positions will be filled. I'm just stating the facts, not trying to be negative.

I can't help but be consumed by the thought of teaching, which naturally makes me think it is the correct route to pursue. I am trying to be hopeful that things will work out, because I am desperate to get out of retail. I navigate my life far too often & have finally decided (at least for now) to let go. Even though it seems the odds are stacked against me, I love knowing the HE sees the big picture. I can be at peace knowing HE will make my path straight.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,"declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:8-9

Dear Lord, thanks for the reminder. Amen!

3 comments:

The Powell Family said...

oh, how i love you! i love that post too. i will be praying for this job to drop into your lap this summer! what a precious woman you are--it is so sweet to watch you follow Jesus.
xoxoxoxo

Tabaitha said...

praying that everything falls into place and for God's timing to be perfect.

donna said...

This is awesome Allison. I am so proud of you. Keep following His heart with your heart and He will give you the desires of your heart. He does that even when we aren't sure what they are yet. I love you!